Besan (Gram Flour)
300 gms - 350 gms
4-5 medium size
1 big onion
Red Chili Powder
5-6 (depends on how spicy you want)
Garlic & Ginger
2-3 garlic cloves and grated ginger
Cilantro leaves (dhaniya)
- Take gram flour, curd and make a dough out of it. While making dough , the hands might become sticky. Try and add more gram flour until it all comes up together as a big ball.
- Next, apply oil on your hands and take small balls of it and roll it in the form of cylinder.
- Boil water in a pan. Now gently put these cylinder pieces in it and cook for 10-15 minutes until they become a little hard. Keep removing the white layer formed on the top surface of the water.
- Cut the cylinder into small pieces.
- For the gravy, take a tablespoon full of oil in a pan. Add jeera, garlic, ginger to it. Once it starts crackling, add cut green chilies and onions. Saute it until the onions turn pink.
- Then add haldi, dhaniya powder and salt. Give it a good mix.
- Next add grated tomatoes or tomato puree to it. Cook the mixture until it leaves oil on the surface. It will becomes nice & shiny.
- Lastly, add water & the Gatte pieces to it. Cook it on simmer for 5 minutes with lid on. Add water according to how thick/thin you want gravy to be. Keep in mind the gatte pieces will absorb little bit of water.
- Garnish it with dhaniya (cilantro) green leaves .